Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Veggies and Guac
A healthy and nutritious dinner or lunch that is easy to make. Great addition to add to your weekly meal prep!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 head of romaine
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut the sweet potato into small bite-sized chunks.
- Put them in a baking dish and sprinkle steak spice and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on them.
- Bake them for 20 minutes, stir, then bake for another 20.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, add 2 cups of water to the 1 cup of quinoa and cook this on med-low for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is done.
- Chop up the head of romaine and arrange on your plates.
- Scoop the avocado out of the shell and put it in a food processor.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic, lime juice and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and blend until the garlic is completely chopped.
- Add pepper to taste and set aside!
- Mince 1 clove of garlic.
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar, honey and minced garlic together in a large bowl.
- Slice the chicken in to small pieces, about half an inch thick each.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture for 30 minutes or so. This can be done while the sweet potatoes are baking.
- After you let the chicken marinate, grill them for 10-15 minutes on a cast iron grilling skillet (or barbecue) until done.
- Scoop out some quinoa for each plate and mix in the baked sweet potato. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the quinoa and lettuce and add a scoop of guac in the middle. Done!
Sydney Roams https://www.sydneylawson.ca/