When you’re staying in a hostel, it’s super important to pack light, and save as much space as you can (you’ll need it!!). Below is a list of the bare necessities that I think are important to bring to hostels, in the smallest form possible!
Let’s get to it:
- A travel size shampoo. I use Whole Blends by Garnier, only ‘cause it smells so good, even after a day or 2 of not washing my hair…
- The matching conditioner.
- A travel size body wash or soap.
- A small version of Listerine mouth wash. Perfect for a quick freshen up before you go out for dinner!
- Travel size Toothpaste (and a toothbrush).
- A small Tylenol bottle. In here, I always make sure to have a few Tylenol, Gravol, and other important pills that I might need. It helps to keep them in the smallest pill container that you can find, so that it doesn’t fit awkwardly with your other items.
- A small sunscreen bottle (not pictured). I find it important to protect my skin from the sun, and being out all day (especially in the summer) can really do damage to your skin! I chose my favorite sunscreen (Neutrogena!) and put a small amount into an empty travel size container.
- Travel size deodorant.
These items fit nicely into a small toiletry bag that I have, which is easy to throw in a backpack, and to carry back and forth from hostel rooms to the showers. If you don’t have a toiletry bag, choose wisely! It helps to have a bag that is lined with plastic to make it easy for a quick clean if there are any spills or leaks.
These essential toiletries should keep you going for a good amount of time! If you need extra stuff, there are always stores you can buy from, wherever you are going. Having all of these toiletries in small containers (less than 100ml) means that you can keep these items in your carry-on luggage, if you are travelling by plane. This way, you can avoid checking luggage, which is awesome and will save you lots of time!
I hope this list helps you in your travels! Be sure to look out for future posts, with more packing lists!